To keep your new floor looking beautiful, we recommend a WoodFloor Wipe Kitâ for cleaning and maintaining your floor and floor protector pads for the bottoms of your furniture. Here are a few helpful hints to enhance the life of your newly finished hardwood floor.
What to do:
- Vacuum/sweep and then clean with an approved hardwood floor Cleaner weekly.
- Place mats at exterior doors to trap sand and grit from incoming traffic.
- Use area rugs in high traffic pathways and pivot areas. Avoid rubber-backed or other non-ventilated rugs.
- Install floor protectors on all furniture (chairs, sofas, tables) that may slide or be dragged across the floor.
- Keep a watchful eye on high traffic areas. It may be necessary to recoat high traffic areas such as kitchens every 3-5 years.